Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dear Grandma, Dear God...

Dear Grandma,

You've showed us the way you lived... how you've always cared about us more than you've cared about yourself...
You'd always send us to the station and made sure we were safe. Today, as I sat on the bus alone...perhaps you were sitting beside me too...
Despite the pain... you held on dearly... as we celebrated your birthday a few weeks ago...you smiled so gently...
And suddenly it turned for the worst... yet you waited for us all...
With your only strength left...the only thing you said was...thank you all...
You didn't want to see us cry...so when the nurse told us to leave temporarily...you left us discretely...
The way you lived... will be the way I learn...
One day perhaps...I'll be a good man...just like you.
Of course I love you.

Love,
Your Grandson

Dear God,

Have you been busy? I prayed never... For the results on my test. Nor for the love of the girl of my heart. Not to take my pain away... but for her to be painless everyday...
But as I see her... looking so frail... can't help but ask... Have you been busy lately?

Love,
Your Son

No comments: